Spencer Grammer (GREEK, RICK AND MORTY) comes on the show to talk about a whole mess of stuff concerning Technology. We get into so many things including SEX AND THE CITY, getting off social media, apps, video games, arcades, being a mom with other moms, doing nice things, pictures, Mike's Christmas presents as a kid, Spencer's dream game room, and Chad's missed opportunity to join The Lonely Island.
DC Pierson (Derrick Comedy, MYSTERY TEAM, CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER) comes to the Nerdist booths to talk about his grandparents allowing us to reflect on all of our grandparents. Other things that come up include thinking about the future, tattoos, grandparent adoption, death, names, and getting lost in all of our collective family trees.
- Freakanomics; A Roshanda by Any Other Name
- Parents Are Actually Naming Their Babies After ‘Game Of Thrones’ Characters
- Master of None: Parents
- Grace and Frankie
- Biography Channel and Magazine
- D.C. Pierson on Twitter @DCpierson
- Charity Auction with DC for ROCK THE VOTE! at Amoeba Records on October 1st
- Shitty Jobs at UCB Theatre
Recorded live at the Nerdist School in Los Angeles as apart of Podcast Punchout, Matt Barr (THE LAYOVER, SLEEPY HOLLOW, HATFIELDS & MCCOYS, and CASTLE!) joins Mike and Chad in front of an audience to geek out about all the awesome action movies from the 1990's that you've rewatched time and time again. We get deep in to DEMOLITION MAN, CON AIR, DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE, FACE/OFF, BROKEN ARROW, POINT BREAK, THE MATRIX, and many more.
Youtube personality and comic book lover/author Neil McNeil comes on the podcast to discuss about the female characters in the Marvel Comics universe and how women are represented in comics. Freddie Prinze Jr & Sarah Michelle Gellar, identity, parents and generations, picking up Lyft drivers, getting roofied, universes in comics, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, feminism, and learning about the world are all discussed. Get ready to geek out!
- Miss America
- The Hulk vs. Freddie Prinze Jr.
- Dr. Strange Trailer
- The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Won't Have Quicksilver And Scarlet Witch As Inhumans
- Miss Marvel
- Krysten Ritter and Marvel's Jessica Jones
- Veronica Mars
- "The Bitch Went Nuts" by Ben Folds
- Women in Refrigerators
- TV Tropes
- Why the Controversial Death on ‘The 100’ Matters
- The Skrulls
- The Singularity
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
- Scriptnotes Episode 249: How to Introduce Characters
- Scarlet Witch
- Avengers vs. X-Men
- Astonishing X-Men by Joss Whedon
- X-Men: First Class and Emma Frost
- But What If Were Wrong? by Chuck Klosterman
- El Segundo Brewing Company
- The Super Improbability of Marcus Egan's Heartbreak on Indiegogo
- Straight Men Use Grindr For The First Time - Gay Dating App
- Neil McNeil on Youtube
- Neil McNeil on Twitter @Neil_McNeil
Rapper, slam poet, author, and actor George Watsky comes on the show to talk about the sea. We get into crazy sea stories, science, scuba and deep sea diving, surfing, localism, animals, whale teeth, beaches, sea shanties and songs, the romanticism of the ocean, George working on the 4th season of Arrested Development, and most importantly Waterworld. George's new tour xInfinity dates have been announced. Get tickets here.
- Jules Verne and Captain Nemo
- Mutiny on the Bounty
- Pitcarin Islands on Google Maps
- The Salior Who Fell from Grace from the Sea by Yukio Mishima
- Opening a Soda on the Ocean Floor
- What Happens when you Crack an Egg Underwater
- The Bends
- Locals Only: A Look at Surfing Localism
- Bay Boys in Palos Verdes
- Doug Meets Fentruck
- How Much of the Ocean is Whale Pee?
- Think About Your Troubles - Harry Nilsson
- Brandy - Looking Glass
- The Mariner's Revenge Song - The Decemberists
- George Watsky's website and youtube channel
- Watsky's Making an Album episode with Chad
- How to Ruin Everything by George Watsky
- George Watsky on Twitter @gwatsky
Stunt woman and crazy awesome person Jessie Graff (AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR, SUPER WOMEN podcast) sit down with Mike and Chad to talk about the stuff that scares us. We talk all about fear and over coming fear. We also get into haunted houses, social fears, stress, death, rationality, phobias, overcoming fear, pull ups, and Chad's time as a welder.
Husband and wife Mike Gandolfi (GILMORE GIRLS, DENNIS MILLER LIVE, ROSEANNE) and Stephanie Storey (OIL AND MARBLE, THE WRITERS ROOM) join Mike and Chad to talk about their trip to Iceland and how fantastic the country is. We get into travel, Reykjavík, comparative literature, trying new foods, sharks, and how underwhelming Mike felt the Northern Lights are.
[NOTE I (Mike Sellari) mispronounce Mike Gandolfi's last name as Gandolfini. Basically I wish he was Tony Soprano]
- St. John's College Reading List
- Oil and Marble: A Novel of Leonardo and Michelangelo by Stephanie Storey
- The Hateful Eight Featurette
- Gilmore Girls Season 4 Episode 7 "The Festival of Living Art"
- Any Given Wednesday "I Believe" Promo
- Bill Simmons
- My Favorite Year
- A Conversation with Mel Brooks - How Did This Get Made
- Mel Brooks
- Hamilton: The Revolution
- Mike Gandolfi and Stephanie Storey on Twitter @MikeGandolfi and @OilandMarble
Comedian and Musician Daniel Mills (The Four Horseman of the Funkpocalypse) comes to talk about pop icon Beyoncé. We get into the newest Beyoncé visual album "Lemonade," Beyoncé's discography, Prince, 90's music trends, The Bey-Hive fans, Michael Jackson's funeral, Stevie Nicks, breaking down the ideas of how music delivery and music videos are presented, and comparing Beyoncé to Attila the Hun.
- SNL's "Watch Celebrities Visit Jay-Z and Beyoncé's Baby
- "Self Titled" Part 1: The Visual Album
- Kanye West - Runaway
- Kevin Smith on Prince
- Imagined Celebrity Connections: How Kim Kardashian, Rachael Ray, and Gwyneth Paltrow Reacted to Beyoncé’s Lemonade
- Balloon Boy Hoax
- Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping
- Partition, Get Them Bodied (Extended Mix), Bootilicious, If I Were A Boy, Don't Hurt Yourself
- Bojack Horseman - Beyonce Jokes
- Cruel Summer by Kanye West
- Ali and Andrew Part 1: Why Did you Cheat on Me?
- The Four Horseman of the Funkpocalypse at Hollywood Fringe
- Daniels Mills on Twitter @dmillssays
Lana Condor (X-MEN: APOCALYPSE) sits down with Mike and a This On That All Star - Matt Acevedo (COLD READ RADIO) to go over one of her passions - yoga. We get into everything from different types of yoga, war movies, temperature issues, secret Instagrams, drugs, punching, and Matt's time working at In N' Out.
- Bikram Yoga
- Glace Cryotherapy on Shark Tank
- 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
- Hot 8 Yoga
- Longest abdominal plank: New world record as Chinese and American strongmen battle in tense showdown
- Sweetfin Poké
- X-Men: Apocalypse
- In the Heart of the Sea
- Whole Grilled Onions
- Paper Girls
- Moby Dick Big Read
- Preacher and Talking Preacher
- Doctor Who After Show
- Lana Condor on Twitter @lanacondor
Actress, Activist, and Public Speaker Michelle Krusiec (THE INVITATION) comes into help Mike and Chad understand what it feels like to be Asian in America. We get into discussions about identity, whitewashing in Hollywood and who is at fault, Facebook messages, fetishes and Asian MILF hunting, perceptions, porn, eyeballs, and the origins of Chad's last name.
- MASTER OF NONE identifies Hollywood's race problem and does something about it.
- If You're Mad About GHOST IN THE SHELL You Don't Know How The Movie Industry Works by Max Landis
- Reacting to Max Landis About Scarlett Johansson in Ghost in the Shell by Chris Grace
- ABOUT RAY Trailer
- Page Rank - the Google Algorithm
- Kristina Wong
- Asian MILF Hunting: Seducing Older Married Asian Women (The Definitive Guide to Asian Girls Book 3) on Amazon
- Last Week Tonight's How Is This Still a Thing: Whitewashing
- Yellowface is a bad look, Hollywood
- Jermey Lin: Too Flagrant Not to Call
- NBA responds to fan-made Jeremy Lin flagrant foul video with cold, hard stats
- Shortcomings by Adrian Tomine
- The Invitation Trailer
- Schott's Original Miscellany by Ben Schott
- FRESH OFF THE BOAT
- 'Fresh Off the Boat' Cast Calls Out HFPA for 1996 Ang Lee Snub
- THE PARKERS episode 'It's Showtime' with Magic Johnson and Chad Fogland
- Michelle Krusiec Activism
- Michelle Krusiec on Twitter @MichelleKrusiec
Josh McDermitt (THE WALKING DEAD, LAST COMIC STANDING) comes on the show to get all of his woes about texting off of his chest. We get into the dangers of texting and driving, group messages, communication/miscommunication, technology, sarcasm, insurance, and the idea of what life could be like if you just put your cell phone down for long periods of time.
Paul Sloan (I AM WRATH, VIGILANTE DIARIES), a diehard comic book lover and all around tough guy comes into the recording booth to talk about the ground breaking graphic novel WATCHMEN by Alan Moore and the film adaptation by Zack Snyder. We get in deep about both the graphic novel and the movie, about Zack Snyder as a director, comic books, society, the 1980s, the Smashing Pumpkins, what makes us human and beg to ask the question: who watches the Watchmen?
Our first repeat episode! With presidential elections heating up as November fast approaches we thought we should repeat the episode with our Hamilton and Soccer loving friend Franklin Leonard as we discuss Presidential Elections. Enjoy!
Musician Joe Sumner (FICTION PLANE) comes over to the studio to geek out about GAME OF THRONES with Mike and Chad. We get into MANY theories, talk John Snow, should you read the books, what characters do you root for, and answer the age old question: what house are you?
- Game of Thrones on Wikipedia
- A Song of Ice and Fire on Amazon
- Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World trailer
- Full Metal Alchemist on Wikipedia
- Batman's Parents Dying: The Supercut
- The Simarillion
- SNL explains the Nudity in Game of Thrones
- Game of Thrones/Brady Bunch opening
- Growing Up Brady
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens is Still in Theaters
- The Castle
- Mondo Lumina by Fiction Plane on iTunes and on Amazon
- 'Where Do We Go From Here' Music Video
- Joe Sumner on Twitter @Zepzomer
It is a very special episode of This on That with artist, comedian, and actress Daisy Faith records with Mike and Chad way back in the summer of 2015. We we are all way younger back then and it shows, but it doesn't mean we can't get romantic! We into what makes a romantic comedy, what works and what doesn't work, and how they have lied to us our entire lives and helped us to love and subsequently break out hearts.
It's a very special episode because it is a CROSSOVER EPISODE! We have Natalie Curfman and Matt Acevedo form the Cold Read Radio podcast come on This on That to talk about Innocence. We get into sex, technology, death, Natalie's bad ass dad, and Mike's special nickname.
You can also go to Cold Read Radio's podcast to hear Chad and Mike guest on their latest episode. If you love podcast syngery and crossover episodes, you will love this crossover event.
Heather Mason (Geek & Sundry, Amy Poehler's Smart Girls) comes into the studio to talk about reactions about one of the biggest movies in history - Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens. We get into our favorite couples, talk about our favorite characters, typical responses and theories, and get into a discussion about how people talk about Star Wars. May the Force be with you!
- Star Wars VII: the Force Awakens
- The Internet Has Decided On It's Favorite 'Force Awakens' Couple
- Emo Kylo Ren on Twitter @KyloR3n
- No, Rey From 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Is Not A Mary Sue
- 'Star Wars' Monopoly adds main character after #WheresRey movement
- Are These 'Avengers' Toys Sexist For Replacing Black Widow With Captain America?
- Saturday Night Live's Star Wars Toy Commercial
- Flutter by Jennie Wood
- Our Engineer Dustin Loomis on Twitter @Dustinloomis
- Heather Mason on Twitter @NerdHeather
Director, writer, and actor Patrick Brice (CREEP, THE OVERNIGHT) joins Mike and Chad in the studio for a spiritual season finale of This on That. We get into talking about how his own films have fared criticism, improv shows, movies and TV shows, bad amazon reviews, and flashlight apps. We have assurances from Patrick that his parents will be listening, so we hope we do a good job.
- Creep and The Overnight by Patrick Brice
- Roger Ebert
- Sylvester Stallone's Could Join Exclusive Oscar Company with 'Creed' Nomination
- Manohla Dargis
- Richard Brody
- Togetherness Season 2 Trailer
- Amazon Movie Reviews on Twitter
- Tell Me You Love Me
- Life Itself
- Barista on iTunes
- Manny Farber's White Elephant Art and Termite Art
- Nathan for You
- USD to CAD converter
- Patrick Brice on Twitter @Patrick_Brice
Andy Erikson (LAST COMIC STANDING) and Alex Stein AKA DJ Scuba (THE ALEX STEIN PODCAST) talking about their thoughts with the documentary series phenomenon MAKING A MURDERER. We get into cops, jury reform, the fishy stuff that went down, ambulances, Bernie Sanders, and just the overall meat of the show.
- Making a Murderer
- The Jinx
- Serial Season 1
- Bridge of Spies
- Dean Strang is Making a Murder's Unlikely Sex Symbol
- Feel the Bern Goodnight
- The Nerdist School
- Punchline Punchout!!!! on Feb. 15
- Movie Soundtracks for DOPE and BROOKLYN BROTHERS BEAT THE BEST
- The Alex Stein Podcast
- Love and Mercy
- Andy Erikson on Twitter @AndyErikson
- Alex Stein on Twitter @ThisAlexStein
Ariana Madix (VANDERPUMP RULES) comes into studio to talk about one of her first and only loves: Robots. We geek out over the future, movies, Indiegogo, science, Paro, 3D printing, tamagotchi, and Sylvester Stallone. Enjoy!
- Elon Musk and Stephen Hawking Join Call for Ban on Artificially Intelligent Weapons
- Ex Machina
- Turing Test
- Not Quite Human
- Sphero's BB-8
- Futurama's Proposition Infinity and Proposition Infinity Commercial
- PARO Therapeutic Robot
- Demolition Man
- Mafia and Werewolves
- Master of None
- A Brony Tale
- The Bevs
- Ariana Madix on Twitter @Ariana2525